Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Week 2

June 1, 2011


This is the end of Week 2 and what a wonderful week this has been! I have been having solid stools, and almost non-existent cramping, AND over the last two weeks I have been able to drop my prednisone from 25mg per day, down to 15mg per day!


I've had a couple small episodes of gasiness or bloating, but otherwise, I'm doing better than I have in 6 months.


I'm told by other helminthic users that this is called the "worm bump" and that it is temporary. The "worm bump" is a temporary decrease in disease symptoms while the little baby wormies are getting settled in. At about 30 days, I should expect the "worm flu." That would be when the worms are maturing and my body starts to be unhappy about that.... 


However, some people turn out to be what we call "super responders." They are people who just get well quickly and easily on this therapy. I'm hoping to be one of those. :-)


If not, I'm told to expect a slow improvement over about 6 months from the time "worm flu" hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment